Thursday, June 01, 2006

Right above me...

I don't know what anyone else thinks about hearing voices, and I don't care. All I know is what I heard.

I was cheerily driving alone, to a Memorial Day event to be held in Saratoga. I had the windows part way down, as the sun was warm that morning. My tape player automatically started playing the tape that was already installed. It was Steve Amerson, singing "All who believe, show that you know Him..." And I sang along when I could remember the words.

At a break in the music, I heard Bob's voice say quietly "I am above you..."

I glanced around at the traffic, and for anyone on the sidewalks. No one was even close.

That was the third time I have heard Bob's voice. First time was here in my Family Room. I had just laid down for a nap, and heard him say loudly, "DORIS!" And I sat straight up and responded, "Yeah?" It made me laugh outloud.

The second time was when John and I went to Colorado Springs to visit Joanne and Scott. I was standing in front of their refrigerator, looking at the collage of snapshots on the door, especially enjoying seeing the ones of Bob and me. I heard Bob say again, "Doris!"

I looked around to see if someone else had called me. Joanne was doing laundry in the laundry room. And she would have called me "Mom." John was downstairs in the guest room asleep, and he wouldn't have called me "Doris." I walked out into the hall and looked upstairs to see Scott standing there. (Ah, that would be a simple explanation. He calls me "Doris.")

I asked, "Did you call me?" "No," he said. Hmmm.

A few weeks later, I phoned Scott, and asked him if he was "pulling my leg" just to see what my response would be. And he told me again, that no, he hadn't called me.

Now, I listen very carefully.

5 Comments:

At June 01, 2006 9:19 AM, Blogger LIFEpossibilities said...

For some I'm sure what you have experienced is called, "Communion of the saints." Time and space are no longer a problem for Bob!

Love, Glenn

 
At June 01, 2006 10:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay, God!!! What a blessing to hear Dad's voice again! GLAD you were listening!

 
At June 02, 2006 8:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As I reread your blog this morning, and as tears again fill my eyes, I remembered how Dad didn't want to leave you. Maybe God has allowed him this incredible way of showing you both his love and HIS love.

 
At June 06, 2006 8:49 AM, Blogger auntibeck said...

Doris

I rejoice with you that the Lord has given you a significant reminder of Bob's love for you.

I don't know how it happens but have heard of others who have similar experiences. You and Bob shared so much together in your journey here that it's not unusual to sense his presence around you.

Remember you loved Bob in the temporal and God loves Bob in the eternal.

Be assured of my love and prayers for you and your family,

FM the Encourager

 
At June 07, 2006 11:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doris,
Delmar and I tried to leave a message, but had trouble. Anyway, we loved your blog about Memorial Day and forwarded it to our kids and a friend. So nice of you to include us in your day. Thank you so much.
Ellen Wrensch

 

Post a Comment

<< Home