Tuesday, April 11, 2006

What's in YOUR bucket?

When we set up our family trust, I thought everything was taken care of, but today I found out from my financial advisor that it's like buying a BUCKET and then having to run around and find all the things that have to be put into the bucket. I had sent him a notice that we wanted to put our IRA's into it, last March. But somehow, that got overlooked. So, today, we went to a notary and got it done. Yea.

So, be warned. Just because you pay $500. or $5,000. for a trust, all you may be getting is the BUCKET.

When John sent everyone on my email address list a notice about my birthday last year, with a request that they bring me a 6-pack of COSMOS plants from a local store having a sale, our financial advisor got the same request.

When the doorbell rang, I couldn't believe it, when I saw him standing there in three-piece suit and tie, with his teen-aged daughter, with armloads of COSMOS plants. What a funny sight. He didn't know Bob was so sick, but I brought him in to the family room, where Bob's hospital bed was set up, and they laughed and talked and shook hands, and said their goodbyes, with some mist in their eyes.

Today, he asked all about each of my kids, and took time to talk about Bob. What a treat to do business with a friend.

My bucket runneth over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home