Sunday, April 30, 2006

No, never alone...

When I was a little girl, I shared a bedroom with my sister Rachel. She was invited to spend a week with our Grandmother one summer, which meant that I had to sleep alone, and I was afraid of the dark. My Mom came in to comfort me, and told me that if I had Jesus in my heart, I would never be alone, and wouldn't be afraid anymore. I was about six years old, and I remember turning over onto my tummy, and with my face in the pillow, I asked Jesus to come into my heart.

Last night, was the first night I have slept alone in my house, since Bob died ten months ago. My son, John has been staying with me, but is out of town for the weekend, visiting his sister in Oregon. I wondered how I would sleep.

I slept well. I wasn't afraid of the dark. Jesus had come in to stay when I invited Him in. He told His disciples "I will never leave you or forsake you."

I was NOT alone.

1 Comments:

At May 01, 2006 8:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wondered how it would be for you! God is good!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home