Monday, April 17, 2006

My life is on hold...


With everything I own scooped up and shoved into boxes and stacked in the garage, I feel like my life is on hold. This computer will be moved to a location somewhere in the kitchen.



Boxes line the walls in the dining area of the kitchen, and a love seat rocker is against the other wall. The kitchen table is reduced to its smallest size and placed in front of the ovens, with barely enough space to open the refrigerator door. A chest of drawers and a big desk are added to the space where the table belongs. John will put his mattress on the floor in the remaining space and sleep there Thursday night. His chest of drawers is in the garage. He can shave and wash up at the stationary tub. Brrr.



All the rest of my furniture will be set outside under the patio roof. Hope it doesn't rain. I have invited myself to sleep overnight at my neighbor Kay's, who graciously agreed.

Then, the floor people will come and refinish the hardwood floors I wrote about in my blog on shag carpeting. If they can get it all done in one day, we can begin to live here again. A water-based finish is going to be used, so there won't be any fumes to avoid. I wonder how long it will take me to find whatever I was looking for...

In my former life...

2 Comments:

At April 17, 2006 9:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YIKES! But exciting progress is being made!

 
At April 17, 2006 10:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE your fireplace! And you're going to love those floors when they're done! Have fun at your sleepover...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home