Saturday, March 04, 2006

March forth!

When we were kids, riddles were popular on the playground. This one stuck in my mind, since it comes around every year. "Which date is a command?"

Maybe the Lord is speaking to me through that simple command. Don't mope around, Woman. Get up and wash your face, and get going. Bob is NOT coming back. So, make things new, and enjoy the years you have left. Enjoy the people he brought into your life, especially the four Bob gave you. And their spouses. And their kids, and their spouses, and their kids.

Gotta go wash my face.

A new great-grandchild is on it's way. Don't want him to catch me moping.

2 Comments:

At March 05, 2006 10:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Smile!

 
At March 07, 2006 3:15 PM, Blogger David R. Darrow said...

Just four minutes before I read this entry, I asked Lauren the old riddle from my own childhood: Which day of the year is a military command?

March 4th.

She rolled her eyes.

Then we logged onto your blog.

We laughed!

I had no idea that riddle was that old, though!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home