Monday, February 27, 2006

Monday the 27th

Eight months ago today on a Monday morning, Bob startled awake, and whispered quickly, "Amen! amen! amen!" I asked him if he was praying, or was he answering Someone? He couldn't answer me. I told him, if he was being called, he could go. And a tear rolled out of his left eye. I gently wiped it away. His attention was on two areas above him. He looked to the right, then to the left, then back to the right again. His eyes were focused and watching. Soon, he gasped his last breath, and was gone.

There hasn't been a day since he died , that I haven't wept for my love. Not morbidly, but in loving memory of a gentle man who loved me. I miss that sweet guy. I miss his kisses. And his arms about me. I miss the daily routines that kept me sane. Get the coffee. Turn on the radio to hear Chuck Swindoll. Turn on the computer, and check for e-mail. We did all these things together... for so many years.

The hardest thing to accept, is, he is NOT coming back.

3 Comments:

At March 01, 2006 8:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At March 01, 2006 8:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At March 01, 2006 8:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dgsixNow, back to Monday the 27th...

Thank you for sharing...my heart weeps with you. You and dad "prayed me a GOOD man", and I can only imagine that I would be feeling many of those same things if he were gone.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home